Small Changes That Have BIG Impact for Your Guests
Deborah Labi is a retired property manager with her fingers in many pies, sharing her experience via her consultancy, a podcast, a soon-to-launch second podcast, and co-director of The Book Direct Show. She likes to keep as busy as her brain; an OCC – or obsessive compulsive creative – she’s an ideas fountain.
Through The Guest Inn-Spector, Deborah has keyed in on the small details that have a large impact on your guests. She believes property owners should stay in their own rentals in order to experience them as a guest would, and envision the guest’s journey from check-in to check-out. But at the very least, have a friend or family member stay and offer their feedback (or, hire Deborah!).
Essential things to audit and optimize in your rental, courtesy of The Guest Inn-Spector:
- Live chat availability while guests are browsing your booking site
- Ease of booking – how many steps does it take a guest to pay and confirm the booking?
- Check-in email sequence – don’t spam, but also don’t ghost
- If your listing incorporates third parties (e.g. smart lock notifications), ensure these are branded through your listing to avoid guest confusion
- Arrival instructions – this may be your guest’s first time in a city (or country!) so avoid giving them too much work in order to get their key and check in
- First impressions after entering your space (think: WiFi access, coat hangers, etc.)
- General property design – simple, functional things that make guests feel like they’re in a home, not a hotel – for example, where do guests hang their towels after a shower?
- Check-out instructions – guests are now focusing on their travel plans and flight confirmations, so consider not adding too much extra work for them
- Send a review request to your guest on their last day of the stay, while they’re still in your space – don’t wait until after they check out
- PDF: Top 5 Amenities You Should Provide at Your Short Term Rental
- The Guest Inn-Spector
- The Techsplained Podcast
- The Book Direct Show
- Drift Live Chat
It’s time for #strsharesunday! Today we are sharing Guest House 71!
This beautiful Alberta, Canada rental has something we’ve never seen before… hosts Darrell and Dawna bought a 600 sq. foot guest house on a piece of property and moved it do a different place that they thought would be a better spot! They have pictures of it on their feed on a truck being moved.
It might only be 600 sq. feet, but every inch of this space has been designed with the guest in mind. It’s beautiful! If you have a dream, if you have a vision, you can make it come true! (That includes seeing a house somewhere, wanting to buy it, and moving it to an entirely different property)
Thank you Guest House 71 for showing us that!
We would love to feature YOU, so don’t forget to use #STRShareSunday to get your chance!